Noticed that HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card has reduced their annual fee to $79 ( new ongoing fee)
Might not be a great offer for new customers (no bonus points) but existing customers who want to keep their card, you can transfer to this new product offer at no cost. Ring customer service and they send you a Product transfer form, all done within the day.
- Current offer $0 for the first year. $79 thereafter, ….. ends 31/3/2019
- No fees for additional card holders
- 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent, up to $2,500 per statement period. After that, every $1 spent earns you 0.5 Qantas Points, up to a total of 7,500 per statement period… ( good for a Visa card as most other banks have watered down their earn rate )
- Complimentary insurance benefits
- NO BONUS QANTAS POINTS with this offer
- No Qantas points if paying ATO, rates, licences, fines, Bpay etc……. the usual
I read recently that Banks cannot offer you incentives to keep your card ie waiver their fees, so to me this is a good card to keep.